You are currently browsing the category archive for the ‘Fred Hartley III’ category.
A Church That Prays:
- Prays about what it does.
- Fits prayer in.
- Prays when there are problems.
- Announces a special time of prayer-some in the church up.
- Asks God to bless what it is doing.
- Is frustrated by financial shortfall-backs down from projects.
- Is tired, weary, stressed out.
- Does things within its means.
- Sees it members as its parish.
- Is involved in the work of man.
A CHURCH DEVOTED PRAYER:
- Does things by prayer.
- Gives prayer priority.
- Prays when there are opportunities.
- Announces a special time of prayer-the entire church shows up.
- Asks God to enable to do what He is blessing.
- Is challenged by financial shortfall-calls for fasting, prayer and faith.
- Mounts up with wings like eagles, runs and doesn’t grow weary, walks and does not faint.
- Does things beyonds its means.
- Sees the world as its parish.
- Is involved in the work of God.
All effective prayer is generated by God the Holy Spirit and leads us to a fresh encounter with God!
(Fred A. Hartley III, Prayer on Fire!, 21)
When the Holy Spirit takes hold of our prayer lives, He begins to stir both prayer and the passion for prayer in us in ways we never imagined.
A whole new world awaits us!
But first we must get our prayer lives out of the aquarium!
(Fred A. Hartley III, Prayer on Fire!)